What you will find and why you are here

Welcome to Sweet Bottom Sewing Company - Celebrating a life made simpler by sewing! For a while now, family and friends have asked me to post photos of the things I have made or can make so they could share them with their friends. What started out as a necessity, sewing, has become a great love and hobby and remains a constant adventure. I don't really follow patterns, I just have a feel for something and go with it. From bedding and window treatments to fun applique shirts and monogrammed towels, everything is done with love. Check out the Photo Galleries links below (on the left) to see more of my fun stuff! My FaceBook page is filled with albums of photos of custom orders of shirts, baby gifts, draperies and monogramming ideas.

You won't find just sewing stuff here either. It's become much more than that. Sweetbottom has become a part of our lives and that life is getting put down on the screen right alongside the flags and onesie dresses. Welcome Y'all.


Saturday, December 29, 2012

Giving Thanks.... Being Thankful

Several times this year I have written off  the topic of sewing and posted about being blessed, being tired, being behind. Basically about being a mommy, a mommy who just happens to sew.   This past Thanksgiving has been especially important and special to me for several reasons.

I started a new job in November.  I said goodbye to corporate life at FedEx and a brutal travel schedule.  I said goodbye to projects that drag on, seemingly without end, because of politics and in-fighting. I said goodbye to annual reviews and constantly having to prove my existence over the next guy. But, I also said goodbye to friends that I spent long hours with working late nights in the hub.  Friends, I will miss very much.  How can you forget Chicago, the sort that goes on for 12 hours and stumbling on a little place called Eli's cheesecake that changed the way I will forever see cheesecake. And finding out that big, manly Illya is scared of heights.  Fort Worth, Texas for a week in August is brutal especially on an airport runway. I will honestly never look at a FedEx plane flying overhead the same way again. And I'm thankful to not have to ride on them again.

On the Friday before Thanksgiving, I found out a dear old family friend had taken his life.  He was depressed over heath and money issues and I wish I could have done something about it.   I was truly saddened for his loss and couldn't help but feel for his beautiful family this holiday season.  You will be missed Little Joe. I'm thankful to know you.

On the Friday after Thanksgiving, my dear beautiful little Dylan turned 3.  Not really anything to devote a whole blog to but in my mind this baby is getting so old and big and grown up that I want to grab him and hug him and squeeze him and never let him go.  My baby is three,  I'm thankful God gave you to me.

This holiday season, I am going to focus on Giving Thanks more than just beautiful Fall day in November.  I'm Giving Thanks for my new job with better hours and a better, more defined position. I'm Giving Thanks for my family. They are a mess and try my patience like you couldn't believe but these two boys are the best thing that have ever happened to me.  My husband is a go with the flow fella, not to quick to get things done, and doesn't have a sense of urgency that I seem to have.  I am thankful we met and fell in love 20 years ago.

Give Thanks this Holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment