What you will find and why you are here

Welcome to Sweet Bottom Sewing Company - Celebrating a life made simpler by sewing! For a while now, family and friends have asked me to post photos of the things I have made or can make so they could share them with their friends. What started out as a necessity, sewing, has become a great love and hobby and remains a constant adventure. I don't really follow patterns, I just have a feel for something and go with it. From bedding and window treatments to fun applique shirts and monogrammed towels, everything is done with love. Check out the Photo Galleries links below (on the left) to see more of my fun stuff! My FaceBook page is filled with albums of photos of custom orders of shirts, baby gifts, draperies and monogramming ideas.

You won't find just sewing stuff here either. It's become much more than that. Sweetbottom has become a part of our lives and that life is getting put down on the screen right alongside the flags and onesie dresses. Welcome Y'all.


Monday, March 18, 2013

New Year - New Life - New Projects

I cannot believe that I have let an entire month go buy without my first post of 2013.  What can I say - shame on me I guess.  Of course, I have several excuses waiting in the wings, the most important being two VERY busy little boys, a demanding new job and a part time sewing company on the side in my "spare" time.
Happy New Year 2013!!!
2013 started off a little slow but I welcome the break so I can get a few of my other little art projects completed.   
A few if the latest baby gifts I have done lately. Owls are really popular this year again.  I have an owl family of 5 designs to choose from.  Its become an obsession to buy an owl pattern when I see it.

For the the little Tennessee (ughhh!) baby Charlie being born really soon.
by the way, Go Tigers Go!

Monogramming
I have this awesome fancy circle swirly monogram that is beautiful and about to go on several things in my own home.


I am making a pattern for IPad sleeves using some beautiful drapery remnants. Thought this would be a nice addition to dress those up. Also Guest towels, a plain white oxford dress shirt, a bench seat cover and an apron that will be a gift for some one this May..... This Spring if it sits still long enough, its gettin' monogrammed.

No comments:

Post a Comment