What you will find and why you are here

Welcome to Sweet Bottom Sewing Company - Celebrating a life made simpler by sewing! For a while now, family and friends have asked me to post photos of the things I have made or can make so they could share them with their friends. What started out as a necessity, sewing, has become a great love and hobby and remains a constant adventure. I don't really follow patterns, I just have a feel for something and go with it. From bedding and window treatments to fun applique shirts and monogrammed towels, everything is done with love. Check out the Photo Galleries links below (on the left) to see more of my fun stuff! My FaceBook page is filled with albums of photos of custom orders of shirts, baby gifts, draperies and monogramming ideas.

You won't find just sewing stuff here either. It's become much more than that. Sweetbottom has become a part of our lives and that life is getting put down on the screen right alongside the flags and onesie dresses. Welcome Y'all.


Sunday, May 4, 2014

52 Weeks - Week One "Being Better......"

Every year I make the same promise to myself, make better choices, be better at keeping up and do better at home and in my job.  As I sit here starring at my sweet little two month old baby girl, I realize that this "Being Better" thing has slipped me by again.  I mean, Dylan has only gone to school on Wednesday with a show and tell item twice since January.  I feel ashamed and like I let down my child for not remembering to "bring something that starts with a U".  Then, I remember, that I was going to "be better" at giving myself a break.....

I read an article once about one of those moms that had everything going on.  You know the one who manages to get cute scrap booked notes into the lunchboxes and cuts the sandwiches out into shapes with cookie cutters.  The one who plans the weekly schedule while rocking on the front porch with a latte.  Lets call her Mallory.  Mallory wrote in her blog that she, at the least, would document one thing that happened to her life each week in a diary.  She made time to sit by herself alone and reflect on the week that had passed and document something about the week just past. Maybe Mallory had something here.

I usually promise to start my weekly blog post around the new year.  Then, around week three of January, I remember that I was going to start blogging each week and by then..... You know what happened next, nothing.  This year is nothing new. January 1st, new baby on the way.  Crazy busy work schedule. Trying to get a nursery put back together. Two very crazy little boys all means no entry for week one.

Today I decided there is no reason to wait until January. Why can't this thing start whenever I want it to?  I mean, there is always plenty to document and with this new little girl in my life, why not start now. So here's to "Being Better"  Week 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment